Chief Executive Officer
The company is the global leader in development, application and marketing of high-tech welding technology. This organisation is a highly respected, world leading company in innovative welding applications for the automotive industry, serving the automotive production facilities of large OEMs around the world. The company's system welding applications is adopted by all major car manufacturers worldwide (Mercedes-Benz, Chevrolet, Audi, Hyundai, Tesla, Volkswagen, Fiat, GM, Cadillac, BMW, Opel, and more).
The company has its headquarters in Amersfoort and subsidiaries in the United States, China and South- Korea. This niche company started in 1971 as a traditional trading company in welding equipment, specialized over the years in energy and cost saving welding technologies. More than 40 years of experience and engineering is reflected in superior quality, reliability and cost effectiveness. The company is an ambitious and fast growing company with an unique technological product. Armored with ambition and an unique market position, this company aims for exponential growth by expanding its market share from 8 to 20 percent in a relatively short period of time. As the founders are retiring and with the present ambitious pursuit in mind, the company is in search for an entrepreneurial, commercial CEO who can facilitate growth and realizes rapid expansion through exemplary leadership.
The culture of this company can be discribed as a high performance, hands-on and professional culture. Entrepreneurship and trust are key values in their way of working and thinking. The company has grown enormously over the last few years and there is a lot of potential; the CEO will turn this potential into results. He is responsible for the overall general management of the organization. The CEO plays a key role in driving growth, implementing measures for professionalizing the business and acts as a global ambassador. The CEO takes the lead in the execution of the growth strategy, which is about taking ownership of developing and coaching the sales team in order to achieve the commercial objectives. As a supplier for automotive production facilities, the CEO plays an important part in managing negotiations, agreements and winning deals with new and existing key accounts. The CEO is involved in the global business inwhich he visits the clients on a regular basis to build trustful relationships. In this role, the CEO has significant autonomy to use his entrepreneurial and leadership skills. The owners of the company will be involved from a side-line perspective, and will give the CEO support where needed. The CEO gives inspiring leadership to the employees in the organization and reports directly to the Board.
- General management with a full P&L responsibility. Realizing and guiding the growth of the organization. Developing commercial plans for international expansion in terms of revenue generation, increased market share and increased net profit;
- The CEO is responsible for the facilitation of the growth. The company must be able to achieve growth and it is the job of the CEO to professionalise processes in such a way the organization is able to process the growth operationally;
- Actively monitoring and responding to developments in the automotive (production facilities) market, tracing new commercial opportunities and translating these into feasible business opportunities;
- Managing and strengthening the sales team. At this point there are three regional sales managers (Europe, Asia and the US) reporting to the CEO;
- Ensure excellent stakeholder management to strategic customers, partners and shareholders globally.
- The CEO is responsible for the monthly agenda and reporting in the meeting with the Board Members.
The ideal candidate for this job is an ambitious and energizing leader with a hawk’s eye for commercial and strategic business opportunities. He is familiar with selling capital goods to large OEMs in the automotive market (and long-term sales cycles) and possesses a substantial relevant network. Furthermore, the CEO feels like home in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. He can be described as a hands-on strategist with excellentconsultative selling skills. The ideal candidate possess excellent communication skills both written, verbal and non-verbal. The CEO this company is an inspiring leader and loves to make people and businesses grow. Through secure base leadership he creates a culture based on respect and trust in order to achieve a high performance, innovative organisation that stimulates the ambitious exponential growth goals of the organization. The CEO is a strong relationship-builder and puts a lot of effort in building longterm trustful relationships with clients as well as with his employees.
- Experience in capital goods is a must;
- A proven track record of delivering results in general management positions with broad responsibility;
- Experience with professionalization of organizations, enabling processes and facilitate growth for the organization;
- Experience with sales in international environments, Asia/China in particular;
- At least five years of experience with building and coaching a sales organization in an technological environment;
- At least affinity and ideally experience with OEMs in the automotive industry as a customer environment and understand related sales processes;
- Experience in rapidly growing entrepreneurial environments;
- Master the English and German language, French is a plus;
- The CEO controls the organization from Amersfoort and ideally lives in the region;
- Flexible to travel abroad frequently both in Europe and other continents;
- Ideally a Msc degree in engineering or economics.
CEO position in an entrepreneurial setting at a fast growing Dutch company with global reach. Opportunity to participate in a promising future.