Chief Commercial Officer - CCO
The organization has grown to become a quality brand for outdoor living which develops and produces a complete range of high quality products and related service of made-to-order aluminium verandas, garden rooms, glass sliding systems and accessories. The company was founded in 2001 with headquarters in Helmond (The Netherlands) and operates a state-of-art production facility and distribution centre in Wachtendonk (Germany). Recently the company openend an innovation/digital office hub in Eindhoven.
Over the last years, sales grew double digit supported by the consumer trend to spend more time outside and extend the outdoor season, through investing in home improvement and residential outdoor living space with high comfort levels.
The company is active in the Netherlands, Germany, France and Belgium through its own retail store network, selected dealers and distributors. The organization currently employs 130FTE. The team is strongly committed, skilled and driven to support the company’s strategic ambitions in the dynamic and competitive market in which it successfully operates.
The CCO has a strategic and operational focus to drive and develop profitable top-line growth through its own retail operation with expanding store base in the Netherlands and Germany. He/she has to develop and strengthen the B2B position with Dealers (B2C) and institutional parties (B2B) in key markets. Another important focus is to further expand the European market footprint.
The ideal CCO has therefore a strong marketing and retail/sales back ground, preferably with durable consumer products for home improvement (kitchen-bathroom-general installation), where the total fulfilment process (customer order – production to measure – delivery and installation) is a critical success factor.
The organization is investing a lot in their brand and digital solutions, therefore the CCO has to take the lead in developing a compelling omnichannel & customer experience. This is an integral part of their strategy.
The Board of Management is Dutch and consists of three members, a CEO, CFO/COO and CCO. The CCO will report to the CEO.
For this unique, strategic commercial management position, the organization is seeking an ambitious leader with a clear vision. The ideal candidate is energetic, innovative and results driven. The CCO will be accessible and, coming from an authentic personality, able to lift the organization to a higher level, motivate the sales and marketing people and inspire them to perform to the best of their ability and achieve maximum personal and professional growth. S/he is commercially strong and at the same time demonstrates empathy for others, using strong interpersonal skills. S/he communicates easily at all levels.
- A self-starter and driver with a high energy level.
- A People manager;
- A team player – cross functional - that takes the lead and initiates and drives improvements and projects;
- Ability to strengthen the team and build commitment;
- Proven capability to manage growth in a competitive environment;
- result driven and problem solving;
- analytical and makes decisions based on facts and aligns the organisation based on a solid plan;
- Hands on; switches easily between strategy and operations.
- Minimum of 10 year experience in a similar position;
- A strong marketing and retail/sales back ground, preferably with durable consumer products for home improvement (kitchen-bathroom-general installation), where the total fulfilment process (customer order – production to measure – delivery and installation) is a critical success factor;
- Proven track record in retail / dealer networks in an international environment;
- Experienced in optimising business processes within a technical, integrated and dual distribution environment – understands the daily store dynamics and the importance of KPI’s and sales dashboards (quote-order-conversion);
- Able to think and operate at academic level;
- Ability to work in small teams, pragmatic and hands on while understanding and acting on ‘the big picture’;
- Proven experience with P&L/budget responsibility in a PE setting.
- Fluent in Dutch, German and English.
Competitive compensation package.