The organization is a global leader in true specialty chemicals. The organization offers innovative, environmentally compatible solutions for coating manufacturers, paint and plastics processors, the printing and packaging industries, the cosmetics sector and the electrical and electronics industry. The organization has four divisions; all occupying leading positions in their target markets with respect to quality, product solution expertise, innovation and service.
The organization has 52 production facilities and 60 service and research laboratories worldwide. Throughout the organization about 6,200 people work to ensure the company’s worldwide success. In 2017, the organization achieved sales of more than 2.2 billion euros. Its high earning power and high growth rate make the company one of the most innovative, fastest growing, and profitable chemical companies in the world.
One of the globally successful divisions encompasses the additives business and the instruments business. Around the world, this division ensures that coatings and plastics obtain the best properties and the right quality. One of the functions of additives is to give a required performance in the finishing product, like scratch resistance and anti-blocking. One of the other functions of additives is as a processing aid during production or application. The coatings, inks and plastics industries are among the main consumers of the division.
In 2017 the division employed 2,200 people and achieved sales of EUR 1,030.4 million. Major foreign markets are the neighboring European countries, the USA and the Far East. Every fifth employee works in research & development.
The division has three production sites in the Netherlands with approximately 200 employees working at these production sites.
The General Manager leads and expands the operations business in the Netherlands and will strive to exceed business expansion and profitability goals.
He or she supervises the employees in production & administration and disciplinary supervises the employees of the division in global functions.
He or she reports directly to the Global Head of Production of the Division.
- Manage and develop the legal entity of the division in full compliance with legal requirements and organization guidelines
- Supervise the three production sites in the Netherlands;
- Develop long range plans (CAPEX and OPEX) for the production sites ensuring availability of necessary capacities in alignment with projected demand;
- Ensure operational performance of production sites in line with targets tracking key performance indicators and initiating countermeasures in case of negative gaps;
- Control and manage costs and key projects;
- Ensure availability and development of human resources in accordance with projected demand and required competencies;
- Support global functions with proactive proposals and communication of relevant information (e.g. Supply Chain, Customer Service, Procurement, Business Lines);
- Ensure implementation and efficient execution of global processes;
- Maintain and improve processes according to ISO Norms, e.g. 9001, 14001;
- Foster collaboration with relevant sites outside the Netherlands;
- Support product and technology transfers;
- Provide proposals for and implement strategic plans and initiatives in the Netherlands;
- Supervise continuous improvement projects and lead technology advancements in production sites;
- Track and improve efficiency of the organization;
- Conduct performance management with personnel by setting targets and providing feedback in alignment with global company targets;
- Actively drive a performance and safety culture;
- Represent the division.
The ideal candidate is energetic, result driven and has a passion to push the management team members to a higher level of responsibility and cooperation. He or she is highly intelligent, a visionary leader and at the same time demonstrates empathy for others, using strong interpersonal skills.
The General Manager needs to be a hardworking hands-on, action-orientated leader with common sense who can inspire and motivate his or her employees and has excellent understanding of financial matters. He or she works effectively in a process driven environment, has demonstrated financial success and is able to build and maintain excellent collaborative relationships within the organization.
Above all we are looking for a Secure Base Leader. Secure Base Leaders provide connections and trust, combine clarity of course with the creation of strong bonds with their employees. By becoming a Secure Base leader, you can unleash a huge amount of potential and talent among your employees. They will dare to take initiative and calculated risks and this will lead to increased productivity, better moral and improved results.
- University degree in chemical engineering or chemistry;
- Minimum 3 years’ operational experience as General Manager or a similar role in the Netherlands;
- Experience as Site or Production Manager in the chemical industry;
- Experience in project management, complex legalization and continuous improvement methodology;
- Job experience in global matrix organization;
- Experience as representative towards governmental and environmental authorities;
- Strong communication, interpersonal an conceptual skills;
- Good business and entrepreneurial thinking;
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Preferably excellent in German.
Competitive compensation package.
For more information you can contact Renée Coret – den Otter
E: [email protected]
T: +31 73 615 4700