Director Finance & Analytics
The organization is an European retail organization that ensures its customers a good night’s sleep. It embraces the consumer trend of placing increasingly greater attention on a good night’s rest by offering a very affordable range of high-quality products in a way that optimally suits each customer.
This organization does this both via physical stores and digital platforms in the following regions:
- Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- The Netherlands and Belgium;
The company is characterised by a no-nonsense culture that promotes employees working together in an informal, respectful and goal orientated manner. All the organisation’s activities are aimed at ensuring optimum alignment of employees’ behaviour, expertise, experience and ambitions in and around the company on the one hand and at achieving the company’s goals on the other. This is why it makes perfect sense that every facet of the company is focussed on the company’s objectives, namely to expand market leadership in Europe and to improve net profit continually. The fulfilment of these objectives is pursued based on the conviction that people make the difference between an average and a successful organisation.
‘’Nothing inspires and motivates us more than ensuring that all our customers can sleep soundly and comfortably at an affordable price’’.
Due to changes within the finance organization structure the organization created the new position of Director Finance & Analytics.
Finance & Analytics is responsible for the insights in the performance management of the organization. This new role reflects the finance transformation from a technical accounting to a broader analytical and strategic department. The Director Finance & Analytics acts as a business partner to the Global Leadership Team and the several Country Management Teams. The Director Finance & Analytics leads a small team and reports to the CFO.
- Performance management;
- Monthly business reviews (key topics, prepare, follow-up);
- Quarterly press releases;
- Business partner GLT and local MT’s;
- Strategy implementation;
- Develop progress tracking / reporting;
- Cost savings program;
- Lead business cases. Omnichannel / Online specialist;
- Business planning processes;
- Forecast cycle;
- Liquidity / cash planning;
- Key counterpart banks;
- Capex investments cycle;
- Standardized capex calculation;
- Quarterly reviews for new and post investments;
- Investor relations;
- Proactive management analyst;
- Coördination info the shareholders;
- Preparation conferences / roadshows.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the business insights within the data available. He or she has in-depth knowledge of the entire finance function and has an intuitive grasp of team- and business dynamics. The Director Finance & Analytics has the ability to work with a team, to negotiate successfully and has a natural talent for managing various stakeholders. He or she is also able to deal with complex financial business issues and to manage others from his functional expertise and specialism instead of a hierarchical responsibility.
Our candidate needs to be hands-on, action oriented and full of initiative. He or she is excellent in inspiring and motivating his or her teammembers and has excellent understanding of financial matters. He or she works effectively in a process driven environment, has demonstrated financial success and is able to build and maintain excellent collaborative relationships within the organization.
It is important for the Director Finance & Analytics to oversee short term goals and long term strategic directions for the company and he or she is used to translating company goals into processes.
- University level educated preferably a Master degree in finance, accounting or related subjects;
- Experience in a similar role in an international organization;
- Expierence in data analytics or/and omnichannel environment;
- Preferably work experience in a stock market listed company;
- At least 8 years experience in financial controlling and business controlling;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conceptual skills;
- An entrepreneurial, business-oriented and customer-oriented spirit;
- Initiator and finisher. A hands-on, flexible working attitude and strategically underlined;
- Fluent in English. Preferably good in Dutch and German.
Competitive Compensation package, including lease car and annual bonus.