The organization is an internationally operating supplier and producer of year-round fresh vegetables. Whilst its roots are in family business, the organization has been integrated in an international group a few years ago. The organization believes drive, commitment and professionalism are the most important core values in its operational management. The organization employes around 7000 people; 1000 fte in the Netherlands (two factories) and 6000 abroad (three factories in Africa). They achieved sales in 2018 of EUR 300 million.
The international group is a French farming and food cooperative and multi-specialist that supports its members every day processing and selling their products in four sectors: milk, fresh vegetables and fruit, beverages and meat. It is present in Europe, Africa and Northern America. They employ 22.000 people and achieved sales in 2018 of EUR 5,8 billion.
The Managing Director is responsible for the two factories in the Netherlands and the three factories in Africa.He or she will lead and expand the business in the Netherlands (and in the other countries where they are active) and will strive to exceed business expansion and profitable goals.
He or she will successfully launch a new brand, expand the range of products and grow the export business. The Managing Director integrates a climate change within the management of upstream activities and restores the global efficiency.
He or she reports directly to the Director Fresh Vegetables and Fruits of the international group.
- P&L responsible for the organization and overall management of the organization;
- Lead the delivery of performance across Operations & Business;
- Actively drive a performance culture;
- Develop and deliver the long-range strategic plans:
- Develop and deliver products and services;
- Building teams, develop a high performing leadership team that will work collaboratively across the international group;
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent managers and employees;
- Maintain customer satisfaction;
- Control and manage costs and key projects;
- Statutory director of the organization.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a General Manager or a similar role within the (fresh) food sector;
- A minimum of 5 years full P&L responsibility is essential;
- Successful experience as an effective people leader with focus on brand building, production, cost-reduction, teambuilding and team development;
- Job experience in global matrix organization;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conceptual skills;
- An entrepreneurial business-oriented and customer-oriented spirit;
- University degree, preferable in Agriculture or Agronomy;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, preferably excellent in French.